Brentford Together Events
We're running workshops that teach sewing, cooking, bike maintenance, fitness, first aid and gardening.
To make sure we could continue to offer our free workshops, we are now running our sessions through both Zoom and Facebook Live, providing tips and ideas for making the most of the time in isolation and a space to chat and meet others.
Our workshops include cooking, sewing, bike maintenance, first aid and gardening. Join the Facebook page or keep an eye on the website for details of each session. For any queries, please contact us at [email protected].
Workshop sessions are currently taking place weekly, with Sewing on Tuesdays, Gardening on Wednesdays, Cooking on Thursdays, Bike Maintenance on Fridays and First Aid and Fitness on Saturdays. See below for more information on each of the sessions.
For those new to Zoom and online workshops, we have a handy guide explaining how to join in here.
Sara Ward welcomes you to Hen Corner, her Urban Smallholding in West London, every Thursday. With supermarket shelves empty and home delivery unable to accept new customers, ensuring that we are well fed has never been as important as it is now. Be that learning new skills, foraging in the back of the cupboard, fridge and freezer or simply getting creative with the ingredients, Sara is here to help.
Due to COVID-19, sessions going forward are being held by video conference. Please click the link by the session to register and get joining details.
- Thursday 16 April 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together for Families - Soup for supper and the freezer
- Thursday 16 April 2020, 11:30 am: Cooking Together for Adults - Soup for supper and the freezer
- Thursday 23 April 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together for Families - Simple Soda Bread
- Thursday 23 April 2020, 11:30 am: Cooking Together for Adults - Simple Soda Bread
- Thursday 30 April 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Vegetarian Lasagne
- Thursday 7th May 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Flour Tortilla for Fajitas and Wraps
- Thursday 14th May 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Roasting vegetables for mains, salads and sides
- Thursday 21st May 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Home made pizza
- Thursday 28th May 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Perfect Paella
- Thursday 4th June 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Dips: hummus, baba ganoush, tzatziki
- Thursday 11th June 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Fermenting vegetables - the natural way to pickle
- Thursday 18th June 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Strawberry Jam
- Thursday 25th June 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Summer Scones
- Thursday 2nd July 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Spanish Omelette/Tortilla
- Thursday 9th July 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Sushi
- Thursday 16th July 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Gnocchi and Pesto
- Thursday 23rd July 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Cheese and Onion Picnic Wheels
- Thursday 30th July 2020, 10:00 am: Cooking Together - Panzanella (Italian tomato and bread salad)
- Thursday 6th August, 10:00am: Dolmades (stuffed vine leaves)
- Thursday 13th August, 10:00am: Marinated Halloumi Kebabs
- Thursday 20th August, 10:00am:Stuffed Mediterranean Vegetables
- Thursday 27th August, 10:00am: No session
Sara has prepared some additional videos on cooking tips for you to watch and will be adding more each week.
Bike repair and maintenance
In line with current government guidelines regarding COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to announce Winston has returned to Brentford Market Place to provide advice on how to repair your bicycles and ensure that they are fit to ride safely on the roads. He will be able to check your bike, help you repair punctures, adjust brakes, gears and remove rust.
Starting from July you can find Winston on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at 10:00am, Brentford Market Place.
Mary from the Brentford Sewing Bee will be running free classes on basic sewing skills and creative clothing projects. These will be broadcast on Facebook Live where she will answer questions and offer tips on simple clothing repairs and sewing creations.
Due to COVID-19, sessions going forward are being held online.
Our next sessions will take place on Tuesdays, 18:00-19:00 and will be livestreamed on Facebook.
Fitness and First Aid
Tania Cheney is the founder of Simple First Aid, an organisation which teaches life-saving first aid skills. Simple First Aid's training is primarily focused on providing parents with first aid skills to help babies and children. Simple First Aid believes that everyone should have the opportunity to learn simple first aid life-saving skills giving them the confidence to deal with a real-life first aid emergency.
Tania is regarded as an expert speaker, and she has participated in baby shows in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Scotland to advise on first aid for babies and children. The Red Cross Movement has presented Tania with their highest award for her work with them.
Due to COVID-19, sessions going forward are being held by online. Online fitness and first aid sessions will be taking place on Saturdays, from 19:00-20:00 and will be livestreamed on Facebook.
Upcoming events: A weekly stretch session with simple first aid
A 25 minute head to toe stretching session for people who have limited mobility, but anyone can join, including a different first aid topic each week.
Gardening & Growing Food
In line with current government guidelines regarding COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to be bringing back our face to face gardening sessions.
Cultivate London and Brentford Together invites you to join us in creating a garden at:
St Paul's Church
The aim is to create a garden oasis with fruit, flowers and healing herbs.
We are hosting weekly sessions every Wednesday at 13:30-15:00. You can find further information and specific dates in the registration form here.
To ensure we all stay as safe as possible, we will be strictly limiting numbers and you will be required to book attendance in advance.
You can access the full risk assessment for the sessions here.
You can find previous online session videos on the Facebook page and blog posts on how to get your garden growing.
Sharon lives locally and is a fashion designer who loves all arts and crafts. She has a real love for knitting. Sharon teaches knitting to beginners and is so excited to start this new online workshop. We really hope you will enjoy learning!
Due to COVID-19 sessions going forward are being held by online. Online knitting sessions will be taking place on Wednesdays, from 13:00-14:00 and will be livestreamed on Facebook.
Run a session
If you have a particular skill (whether that be anything from woodwork to meditation to baking) and would like to share this with the local community by running a session or two as part of this project, we would love to hear from you!
Please email [email protected] or call us on 07947 885 374 for details.
Thank you for supporting our work
Please provide your details to download our free resources
All our resources are free to download. We’re asking people to complete this form in order for us to
understand who is using our materials, so that we can continue to improve them.
We hope you find our resources usefulClick here to download your file
We’ll send you emails keeping you up to date with what we’re doing, the difference we’re making, and how you can get involved and support our activities.