Great Eco Events
The Water Explorer - a water conservation game
Planning a green event? Or holding one and need help getting the message across?
Award Winning Environmental Communications
Global Action Plan has two decades of experience making complex environmental issues easier for people to understand and act upon. We have created a range of award-winning displays and games that can be used to bring environmental issues to life for their audience.
Based on experience and research we have learnt that effective environmental communication just doesn’t work without certain elements.
- It has to be tangible – Jumping on our energy bike will help you feel the energy needed to power appliances such as a light bulb or an iPod playing ‘Bicycle Race’. We’ve even had celebrities such as Tony Blair, Jamelia and Jon Snow creating pedal power.
- It needs to be visual – people really understand the impact of individual actions when they are confronted with a sculpture showing the cumulative impact of their behaviour. A tower of waste paper crawling up the side of their atriums has stimulated change in companies as diverse as Investec and Channel 4.
- People like competition - Our eco-driving simulators challenge people to be the greenest driver in their company and help them reduce their fuel consumption both at work and at home, too.
- You have to be realistic – we know different challenges come with engaging different people. That is why we develop tailored messaging aimed at the audience you want to reach. An example of this is our innovative presentation Sustainability: Luxury or Necessity has been used to engage middle management across the corporate sector including a top law firm and a major oil and gas company.
We provide tips, training and EcoInteractive communications to make your green event one to remember.
- Training and workshops - we provide the knowledge and skills to develop effective action plans, communicate the science behind climate change, and understand how to influence others.
- EcoInteractive communications - our award-winning communications help people make the connection between their everyday behaviour and climate change.
What sort of events?
- Internal communication events
- Corporate away days
- Employee engagement events
- Community events and festivals
- Public exhibitions
Green day guide
Contact us to request your free guide on how to hold a green day in your workplace.
Call us on 020 7420 4423 to talk about your green event or email firstname.lastname@example.org.